COOLER, FASTER IN A PROTECTIVE PACKAGE-THE A2
The all-new for 2018-A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. The first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
PATENTED BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
- huge air intakes - 25% larger than a1 - connected to massive exhaust ports through deep internal channels provide powerful cooling efficiency
- *new for 2018, updated x-static® pure silver comfort liner with more material for comfort delivers high performance for protection and quick-dry moisture wicking
safety is our priority:
- mips brain protection system reduces rotational forces to the brain in some crash scenarios
- dual-density eps co-molded with epp for state-of-the-art impact energy management at low and high crash speeds as well as everything in between
- 16% more eps+epp in the frontal lobe and raised eps splines provide more protection in the common impact zones
- aerospace filament-reinforced polycarbonate shell
- break-away anodized aluminum visor screws
- rear stabilizer fit system with flexible, slimline arms has 3-position front and rear locations for a custom fit
- expanded field of view works with both goggles and glasses – multiple storage locations for glasses
- *new for 2018 adjustable strap dividers for a perfect fit every time